Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Great Weekend

We wrapped up a great weekend of fundraising events. Saturday, we had a nice crowd in Clayton for a pig roast and some great music from Mike White. This event was for Darrel and me and the food was delicious. I had a chance to meet some new friends as well as to see some long time friends and supporters. Darrel gave a great speech about changing the way the Legislature does business and that is what we're going to do. Partisanship shouldn't get in the way of good policymaking and I couldn't agree more.

Today, the weather cleared and we boarded the Bonnie Belle for a beatiful cruise on the St. Lawrence River. Again, I met more new friends and supporters but I also had a chance to bring along Jamie and Aaron. The Blogger ABAY CIRCUS, aka Mr. Cummings joined us today (he was also at the Pig Roast yesterday. DANGER DEMOCRAT, aka Ted Ford also attended both events. As we cruised down the River, I talked about the importance of the St. Lawrence as an asset to the district and how we must continue to promote tourism as a principle industry in the North Country. Thanks to all for coming out to support me.

I'll be sure to let everyone know through my blog what the campaign is doing in the upcoming week and for the next six weeks. Thanks for visiting my blog.

See you on the campaign trail.

-Addie

2 comments:

jim cummings said...

Geesh....shouldn't the Mr. be reserved for TF. After all he is older than me. How come I get the Mr. Cummings and not Jim or JC or pg. I had a great time at both events and hope to see you at the next one.

jim aka pg

Addie08.com said...

Jim,
It was a pleasure meeting you and I do hope to see you at other events down the road. I also hope you now have signs for your property. Thanks. - Addie