Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Thank you

After many months on the campaign trail, the hard work has paid off. Last night the voters of this great River District chose me as their Assemblywoman. I cannot tell you how honored I am to have been elected. Thanks go out to so many people, hundreds, who worked on this campaign, making calls, knocking on doors, putting up signs, hosting meet and greets, and so many other things. Your generosity of time and resources will remain with me for life.

As we have traversed this large district day after day, right up to, and including election day, when I went from town to town checking on voter turnout right up to the close of polls, I couldn't stop thinking about the great people of the North Country. Whether you voted for me or for my opponents, I thank you for exercising this important right. And whether you supported me or not, please know that I will be your Assemblywoman and work for everyone, regardless of party. It will be my honor to do so and I look forward to getting to work.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart,
-Addie

2 comments:

jim cummings said...

Addie,
I can not tell you how excited I am for you. Lots of hard work by many people. The next few months are going to be difficult ones for you and us. I wish you the best of luck and please know that you have my support anytime you need it. You and Darrel are going to make a great team which good things will come......
Congratulations
pg/ Jim Cummings

Addie08.com said...

Jim,
Thanks so much for all of your support. I look forward to serving and will surely do my best to help our entire region. You're right, it won't be easy, but you what they say, nothing worth having every comes easy.
Best,
-Addie